Thursday 21 December 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Boon and Eve Perrick.
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
- John McCormack - The Sunshine of Your Smile
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet