Monday 21 December 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing C.O.R.E. or Blue Toad Murder Files.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 December 2009 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 December
- A police officer in Washington, D.C, draws a gun during a snowball fight. (BBC)
- Mexico City's Legislative Assembly legalizes same-sex marriage and LGBT adoption. (Guardian)
- Remains of the first dwelling in Nazareth that can be dated back to the time of Jesus have been found by Israeli archaeologists. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- At least 29 people freeze to death in Poland. (BBC)
- At least 30 people have been killed in violence in the Nigerian state of Nasarawa. (allAfrica.com)
- North Korea establishes a ampquotpeacetime firing zoneampquot on the Northern Limit Line maritime border with South Korea, threatening to fire shells in South Korean territorial waters. (UPI)
- The United Nations Security Council lifts an arms embargo on Liberia imposed during the reign of Charles Taylor in 2003. (African Press Agency)
- Mister Bolivia wins Mister International 2009 at the end of the two-week event in Taiwan. (BBC)
- Two firefighters are hurt fighting a fire as St. James's Gate Brewery is engulfed by flames which send clouds of smoke across Dublin. (Reuters)
- At least 10 people are killed in a rain of mortar shells during the first meeting of MPs in Mogadishu since August 2009. (AFP)
- The Sudan People's Liberation Movement, the ruling party in Southern Sudan, criticises a new security law passed by the central government, saying it could undermine the 2010 elections. (BBC)
- Unknown gunmen in Lebanon open fire on a bus carrying Syrian workers, killing one person. (Al Bawaba)
- Madagascar's President Andry Rajoelina abandons the power sharing agreement after appointing a new military Prime Minister, Colonel Vital Albert Camille. (Reuters India)
- Burma's Supreme Court agrees to review the extension of the house arrest on National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi. (IOL)
- The funeral of Grand Ayatollah Hosein-Ali Montazeri takes place in the Iranian city of Qom, as anti-government protests and clashes take place. (Press TV)
- Eurostar is suspended indefinitely due to the heavy snowfall affecting continental Europe. (CNN)
- Polish police arrest five men and recover the stolen ''Arbeit macht frei'' sign that hung over the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz where millions were murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Laurence becomes a category 5 and strikes the Australian coast with winds of . (Bureau of Meteorology bulletin)
- The leaders of the three main UK political parties agree to stage the country's first ever live televised election debates ahead of the 2010 General Election.( Telegraph.co.uk)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?