Monday 21 December 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Leap Year, directed by Anand Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World War II in Color.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! or SpongeBob's Truth or Square.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 December 2009 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 December
- A police officer in Washington, D.C, draws a gun during a snowball fight. (BBC)
- Mexico City's Legislative Assembly legalizes same-sex marriage and LGBT adoption. (Guardian)
- Remains of the first dwelling in Nazareth that can be dated back to the time of Jesus have been found by Israeli archaeologists. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- At least 29 people freeze to death in Poland. (BBC)
- At least 30 people have been killed in violence in the Nigerian state of Nasarawa. (allAfrica.com)
- North Korea establishes a ampquotpeacetime firing zoneampquot on the Northern Limit Line maritime border with South Korea, threatening to fire shells in South Korean territorial waters. (UPI)
- The United Nations Security Council lifts an arms embargo on Liberia imposed during the reign of Charles Taylor in 2003. (African Press Agency)
- Mister Bolivia wins Mister International 2009 at the end of the two-week event in Taiwan. (BBC)
- Two firefighters are hurt fighting a fire as St. James's Gate Brewery is engulfed by flames which send clouds of smoke across Dublin. (Reuters)
- At least 10 people are killed in a rain of mortar shells during the first meeting of MPs in Mogadishu since August 2009. (AFP)
- The Sudan People's Liberation Movement, the ruling party in Southern Sudan, criticises a new security law passed by the central government, saying it could undermine the 2010 elections. (BBC)
- Unknown gunmen in Lebanon open fire on a bus carrying Syrian workers, killing one person. (Al Bawaba)
- Madagascar's President Andry Rajoelina abandons the power sharing agreement after appointing a new military Prime Minister, Colonel Vital Albert Camille. (Reuters India)
- Burma's Supreme Court agrees to review the extension of the house arrest on National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi. (IOL)
- The funeral of Grand Ayatollah Hosein-Ali Montazeri takes place in the Iranian city of Qom, as anti-government protests and clashes take place. (Press TV)
- Eurostar is suspended indefinitely due to the heavy snowfall affecting continental Europe. (CNN)
- Polish police arrest five men and recover the stolen ''Arbeit macht frei'' sign that hung over the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz where millions were murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Laurence becomes a category 5 and strikes the Australian coast with winds of . (Bureau of Meteorology bulletin)
- The leaders of the three main UK political parties agree to stage the country's first ever live televised election debates ahead of the 2010 General Election.( Telegraph.co.uk)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Papers - Usher
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Gracias A Ti - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Savior - Rise Against
- Pearl Jam - The Fixer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
American Airlines and Hilton Hotels, both stars in the movie “Up in the Air,” paid nothing — really, nothing — to be part of it all. [..]
With a little bit of luck, maybe the media industry can conjure itself as a new kind of workplace that doesn’t include the legacy costs of trucks and printing presses. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $43.03
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $63.95
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.55
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.49
- 1 CHF = 6.5273 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.426 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9843 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.02 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?