Friday 22 April 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Bentoiu and Giannis Mihalopoulos.
Geheimnisse einer Seele, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1927 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Pascal Bentoiu: Composer.
- Giannis Mihalopoulos: Greek actor.
- Jean Charbonnel: French politician, mayor of Brive-la-Gaillarde from 1966 to 1995, deputy in the French parliament off-and-on between 1962 and 1993.
- Laurel Aitken: Cuban-Jamaican singer (d. 2005).
- May 5 ampndash The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 strikes 700,000 people in the greatest natural disaster in American history at that time.
- The Carabineros de Chile (Chilean national police force and gendarmery) are created.
- João Ribeiro de Barros becomes the first non-European to make a transatlantic flight, from Genoa, Italy, to Fernando de Noronha, Brazil.
- May ndash Philo Farnsworth of the United States transmits his first experimental electronic television pictures, as opposed to mechanical TV systems that others had tried before.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?