Sunday 17 April 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Chamberlain and Pope Benedict XVI.
Broke in China, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1927 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Pope Benedict XVI: Clergyman.
- John Chamberlain: Artist.
- Edie Adams: Musician.
- Christopher Whelen: Composer.
- Tadeusz Mazowiecki: premier of Poland (1989-90).
- Margot Honecker: East German politician, a very important member of the political scene in the Socialist Unity Party.
- Jacques Noyer: French Catholic clergyman who was ordained a priest on 2 July 1950 at the diocese of Arras.
- Graziella Sciutti: Italian soprano singer, an operatic lyric soprano who had her debut in 1951.
- Chandra Shekhar: Eighth Prime Minister of India, in office 10 November 1990 – 21 June 1991.