Saturday 30 April 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Horton and Lars Hall.
No Man's Law, directed by Fred Jackman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1927 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Johnny Horton: Los Angeles, California -- Rocker.
- Lars Hall: Sweden -- Pentathelete (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Princess Juliana gets seat in Dutch Council of State.
- Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford become the first celebrities to leave their footprints in concrete at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.