Monday 25 April 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Uderzo and Corín Tellado.
No Man's Law, directed by Fred Jackman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1927 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Albert Uderzo: French-born artist and cartoonist, he became the illustrator for France-Dimanche.
- Corín Tellado: Spanish author (d. 2009).
- Ernst Widmer: Composer.
- Corin Tellado: Spanish romance novelist (d. 2009).
- Rose Lineman: American pro astrologer and author of several books published by the American Federation of Astrology.
- Spain routes 20,000 soldiers to Morocco (uprising Rifkabylen).