Wednesday 27 April 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Coretta Scott King and Joe Moakley.
No Man's Law, directed by Fred Jackman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1927 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Coretta Scott King
- Joe Moakley: American politician, a legend in his own lifetime, an enduring and celebrated Dem.
- Charles Fonville: American track and field athlete who set a world record in the shot put.
- Coretta King: American civil rights leader with her famed husband, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Samuel Swedenborg: American psychiatrist, Jungian analyst, who wrote the paper "the inner guide to the archetypes" which he presented to the Jungian society, married 3 times, two children.
- John Joseph Moakley American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts: 1973-).
- Tato Bores: Argentinian actor (d. 1996).
- Charlie Fonville: American shot putter and lawyer (d. 1994).
- Connie Kay: American drummer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1994).
- Ursula Dinkgrafe: Germany Actor.
- Sheila Scott: English aviatrix (d. 1988).
- Carabineros de Chile (Chilean national police force and gendarmery) are created.