Friday 22 January 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ean Bice .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Impact by Douglas Preston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ashen's Tech Dump.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSI: Unsolved or Chaos Rings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 January 2010 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Ean Bice: American child of noted father, his dad is Bo Bice,a singer and an alumnus of "American Idol," a popular TV show of musical competition.
- Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama says he will resign if proven guilty of receiving illegal political fund donations. (UPI)
- Ten rhinoceros horns seized in recent weeks at Shannon Airport in Ireland are said to be ampquotrareampquot and ampquotof international significanceampquot. (RTÉ)
- Operation Aurora:
- China rejects criticism by the United States of its internet controls, saying it could harm relations between the two countries. (BBC)
- A White House spokesman says U.S. President Barack Obama is ampquottroubledampquot by the cyber attacks and wants ampquotsome answersampquot. (''Bangkok Post'')
- U.K. Home Secretary Alan Johnson announces the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre has raised the terrorist threat level from ampquotsubstantialampquot to ampquotsevereampquot. (BBC)
- A U.S. Justice Department task force recommends 47 Guantanamo Bay detainees should be held indefinitely without charge. (BBC)
- Former U.S. Air Force lieutenant colonel James Fondren is sentenced to three years in prison for providing classified documents to Chinese spy Tai Shen Kuo. (BBC)
- A Nuremberg court issues an arrest warrant for former Argentine leader Jorge Rafael Videla, on suspicion of killing a German man. (Deutsche Welle)
- The Electoral Synod of the Serbian Orthodox Church meets in Belgrade and chooses Bishop Irinej of Niš as the new patriarch. (BBC)
- European banking stocks drop sharply following U.S. President Barack Obama's plans to restrict activities of the biggest American banks. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Nigeria gives the government 14 days to decide whether ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua is fit to rule the country. (BBC)
- Turkish police arrest 120 suspects in a major anti-terrorism operation against Al-Qaeda. (BBC)
- A security alert is issued at all of India's airports after intelligence reports of a plot to hijack an Indian plane. (AFP)
- The home of an opposition activist is bombed in the Sri Lankan capital Colombo days ahead of the presidential election. (BBC)
- Alexey Dymovskiy, the Russian policeman who became famous for denouncing police corruption on YouTube, is arrested on charges of fraud and corruption. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 January 2010
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Stuttgart : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Union Berlin : 1 - 0
- Frankfurt FSV - Greuther Furth : 0 - 5
- Munich 1860 - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Empoli - Torino : 0 - 0
- PSV Eindhoven - Nijmegen : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?