Friday 22 July 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nova Rockafeller and Paul Coutts.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hold On To The Nights by Richard Marx.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Cocktail, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyberball or Kid Kool.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1988 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Nova Rockafeller: Pop Singer.
- Paul Coutts: Scottish footballer.
- Thomas Kraft: German footballer.
- Sercan Temizyürek: Turkish footballer.
- Yuriko Yoshitaka: Japanese actress.
- 500 US scientists pledge to boycott Pentagon germ-warfare research.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?