Thursday 27 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl of Inchcape and Buddy Boudreaux.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1917 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Earl of Inchcape: English large landowner / industrialist (P&O).
- Buddy Boudreaux: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 2015).
- T Nadaraja: Sri Lankan lawyer and academic (d. 2004).
- Onni Palaste: Finnish soldier and author (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?