Thursday 27 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl of Inchcape and Buddy Boudreaux.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1917 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Earl of Inchcape: English large landowner / industrialist (P&O).
- Buddy Boudreaux: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 2015).
- T Nadaraja: Sri Lankan lawyer and academic (d. 2004).
- Onni Palaste: Finnish soldier and author (d. 2009).