Thursday 27 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl of Inchcape and Buddy Boudreaux.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1917 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Earl of Inchcape: English large landowner / industrialist (P&O).
- Buddy Boudreaux: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 2015).
- T Nadaraja: Sri Lankan lawyer and academic (d. 2004).
- Onni Palaste: Finnish soldier and author (d. 2009).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?