Monday 23 July 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Judas Strain by James Rollins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mad Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clean Asia! or Big Bang Beat - 1st Impression -.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 July 2007 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- The US dollar drops to US$2.06 against the British pound sterling, the lowest since 1981.
- The British MP George Galloway is thrown out of the House of Commons chamber and then suspended for 18 days after an inquiry into his Mariam Appeal campaign. (The Independent)
- The United States arrests Zhenli Ye Gon, a Mexican citizen accused of making large amounts of crystal meth in a laboratory. (Reuters)
- A wave of car bombings kills at least 17 people in Baghdad. (Reuters)
- Democratic Party candidates in the 2008 United States presidential election participate in the YouTube debate in Charleston, South Carolina. (CNN)
- War in Afghanistan: Approximately 60 Taliban and six North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) troops die in two days of heavy fighting. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Former King of Afghanistan Mohammed Zahir Shah dies after prolonged illness.
- Summer 2007 United Kingdom floods: Up to a million Britons could be affected by floods with both the River Severn and River Thames threatening to break their banks. Up to 350,000 people in Gloucestershire could be without running water for two weeks with some people unable to move back to their homes for a year. (UK Telegraph)
- Japan allows International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors to visit the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant shut down after the recent 2007 Chūetsu offshore earthquake. (AFP via News Limited)
- Flash floods and landslides in central Indonesia kill at least 30 people. (News Limited)
- The 2007 Taliban-seized South Korean hostage crisis: The Taliban sets a new deadline for the South Korean captives. (BBC)
- Storms continue in China with floods and landslides with 150 deaths occurring last week in the country due to storms. (Reuters)
- Comedian Drew Carey will replace Bob Barker as host of ''The Price is Right''. (AP via MSNBC.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?