Tuesday 31 July 2007US date format: 7/31/2007, UK date format: 31/7/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Beneath, directed by Dagen Merrill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while High Noon by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wainy Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Milon's Secret Castle or Ghost Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 July 2007 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 July
- Operation Banner, the presence of the British Army in Northern Ireland, and the longest-running British Army operation ever, comes to an end.
- Nuradin Abdi, a Somali citizen living in the United States, pleads guilty to providing material support to terrorists in connection with a plot to blow up a shopping mall in Columbus, Ohio. (CNN)
- The President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega offers to give up SAM-7 surface-to-air missiles in exchange for helicopters, surgical supplies and medicine from the United States. (AP via Washington Post)
- The board of News Corporation formally approves a $5 billion bid for Dow Jones with Dow Jones agreeing to the terms. (CNN Money)
- Archaeologists discover the remains of the lost city of Rhakotis in Alexandria's East Bay. (National Geographic)
- Retired United States Army Lieutenant-General Philip Kensinger is censured by the Army over his role in the series of errors following the death of Ranger Pat Tillman in 2004. (AP via New York Times)
- The United Nations Security Council authorises up to 26,000 troops and soldiers being sent to the Darfur region of Sudan (United Nations African Union Mission in Darfur or UNAMID). (Reuters)
- The United States House of Representatives passes a the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act, a comprehensive ethics and lobbying reform bill 411-8. It bans lobbyists and their clients from giving members of the United States Congress gifts and provides for mandatory disclosure of earmarks in expenditure bills. (Fox News)
- Australia and New Zealand refer a dispute over an Australian ban on apple imports from New Zealand to the World Trade Organisation. (ABC News Australia)
- Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt is jailed for six years, fined Rs. 25,000 and his probation plea rejected on charges of obtaining weapons from gangsters in a case associated with the 1993 Mumbai bombings. (Sky)
- Worsening floods affecting eastern India, Bangladesh and Nepal has led to millions of people leaving their homes. (BBC News) 160 people confirmed dead in Bangladesh alone.
- The ZANU-PF political party in Zimbabwe declares its support for making President Robert Mugabe, head of state since 1979, president-for-life. (IRIN)
- The International Monetary Fund estimates that inflation in Zimbabwe could reach 100,000% by the end of 2007. (ABC)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- A Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain
- T-Pain - Bartender
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- Beyonce - Get Me Bodied
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Un Juego - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
News Corporation may not give WSJ.com away free. It could instead bolster its free MarketWatch site and link it to the Fox business news channel. [..]
China ordered banks to set aside larger reserves for the sixth time this year to curb lending and investment after the economy grew at the fastest pace since 1994. Lenders must put aside 12 percent of deposits as reserves starting Aug. 15, up from... [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.82
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $121.70
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.49
- 1 CAD = 1.1257 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0224 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9078 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4393 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?