Saturday 28 July 2007US date format: 7/28/2007, UK date format: 28/7/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 28, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wainy Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Backyard Hockey or Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 July 2007 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- Pakistan raises concerns about a draft bill adopted by the United States Congress that ties United States foreign aid to progress in the fight against Al Qaeda and the Taliban. (The Hindu)
- Colombia's intelligence chief Andrés Peñate claims FARC rebels accidentally killed 11 politicians it was holding, after running into another rebel unit. (BBC)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush urges Congress to pass legislation to expand potential surveillance targets. (Bloomberg)
- The death toll from the Summer 2007 United Kingdom floods rises to nine as police find a body near Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- War in Afghanistan: A British soldier is killed by a rocket attack in the Helmand Province. (BBC)
- The Lal Masjid in Islamabad is closed indefinitely following a suicide bombing with Pakistani authorities warning of more bomb attacks to come. (Reuters via CNN)
- Bernard Kouchner, the French Foreign Minister, arrives in Lebanon to reduce tensions between the Prime Minister of Lebanon Fouad Siniora and the pro-Syrian opposition. (BBC)
- Rwanda abolishes capital punishment. (Calcutta News)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Umbrella - Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Ojala - Marco Antonio Solis
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Rihanna featuring Jay-Z - Umbrella
- Kate Nash - Foundations
- Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson - The Way I Are
- Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song) - Enrique Iglesias
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The company cited “extreme volatility” in the leveraged debt market, a decision that added to concerns that the private equity boom may be coming to an end. [..]
Landry’s Restaurants Inc. is facing early redemption demands from a creditor because it has failed to file quarterly reports. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?