Sunday 23 July 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Don'T Make A Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings by Tyler Perry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars: Lethal Alliance II or Broken Sword: The Angel of Death.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 23 July 2006 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 July
- Jean-Paul Desbiens: Canadian journalist author and educator (d. 2006).
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Human Rights Watch releases a report stating that torture of Iraqi detainees was authorized by the US government soldiers' complaints were ignored. (Human Rights Watch)
- Tiger Woods wins the The Open Championship commonly known as the British Open, finishing two shots ahead of Chris DiMarco. (ABC News America)
- Ariel Sharon's condition worsens. (BBC)
- The UN's Jan Egeland has condemned the devastation caused by Israeli air strikes in Beirut, saying it is a violation of humanitarian law. (BBC NEWS)
- Two Israeli civilians are killed by Hezbollah rocket attacks on Haifa. More than 2200 rockets have been fired at Israeli cities since the beginning of the conflict, killing 17 Israelis, all of them civilians. 20 Israeli soldiers were killed in other incidents. About 300 Lebanese, most of them civilians, have been killed by Israeli forces. (People's Daily Online)
- An '''earthquake''' of 6.1 magnitude off the coast of Gorontalo province on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi prompts warnings of a possible tsunami. (Jakarta Post)
- A suicide bomb explosion kills at least 26 people in a busy market in Sadr City, a predominantly Shi'a district of Baghdad. (AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?