Thursday 23 August 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret Servant by Daniel Silva was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ricky Shore Sings the Blues.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Protector of Earth or Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 August 2007 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 August
- Robert Symonds: American actor (Born 1926).
- Officials in Ohio declare a state of emergency in nine counties as a result of flooding. (Reuters)
- Two people are killed in Ermera, East Timor in another outbreak of political violence. (ABC News)
- ''Chororapithecus abyssinicus'', a 10 million year old fossil found in Ethiopia, may prove that the last common ancestor of gorillas and humans existed 2 million years earlier than previously thought. (Nature)
- The Governor General of Jamaica Kenneth Octavius Hall announces that the Jamaican general election, 2007 is postponed to September 3 due to the impact of Hurricane Dean. (Reuters)
- The Nigerian government extends a curfew in Port Harcourt after hundreds die in gang violence this month. (Reuters Alertnet)
- A storm in Chicago injures 40 people and disrupts the transport network. (AP via WSB)
- Top British tennis player Tim Henman has confirmed he will retire from the sport after this year's Davis Cup in Croatia. (Sky News)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan issues a ruling allowing former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his brother Shahbaz Sharif to return to Pakistan.
- The South African Communist Party launches an investigation into what happened to a political donation of 500,000 rand allegedly made in 2002. (BBC)
- The European Union lifts a ban on the export of British livestock, meat and dairy products imposed after a recent foot and mouth disease outbreak in Surrey. (The Telegraph)
- MySpace and MTV join forces to let candidates in the 2008 United States presidential election hold online webcasts with young people. (AFP via the Melbourne Age)
- At least 25 people are killed, 22 arrested and five abducted as suspected Al Qaeda in Iraq militants attack a Sunni mosque in Baquba, Iraq. (BBC)
- Japanese political activist Yoshihiro Tanjo is charged with intimidation for cutting off his little finger and sending it to the Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe over Shinzo's refusal to visit the Yasukuni shrine to commemorate Japan's World War II dead. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Dean is downgraded to a tropical depression over Mexico after killing 20 people in the Caribbean. (AP via Fox News)
- Two youths aged 18 and 14 are arrested in Liverpool, England on suspicion of shooting dead an 11-year-old boy in Croxteth. (The Times and PA)
- More than 1200 Ford workers in Victoria, Australia are stood down due to an industrial dispute over unpaid entitlements owed to workers in a Ford supplier. (AAP via News Limited)
- Vendors selling puffer fish meat as salmon has led to 15 deaths and 115 people being sickened in Thailand over the past three years. (AP via IHT)
- U.S. Customs and U.S. Navy officials seized a submarine-like vessel filled with $352 million worth of cocaine off the Guatemalan coast. (prices given by CIA) (AP via Forbes)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 August 2007
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Weymouth - Burton : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?