Sunday 23 September 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Per Olov Enquist and Ahmad Shah Khan.
Judge Priest, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1934 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Per Olov Enquist: Swedish writer (Hour of the Lynx).
- Ahmad Shah Khan: Crown Prince of Afghanistan.
- M Lane: American-born Canadian poet based in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Fisher Tull: American composer, arranger, educator, administrator, and trumpeter, a.k.
- Per Enquist: Swedish journalist author and playwright.
- Ahmad Khan: Crown Prince of Afghanistan
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?