Friday 7 September 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Giles in Rochester and Dan Ingram.
The Barretts of Wimpole Street, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1934 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Bill Giles in Rochester: New York, USA; baseball owner (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Dan Ingram: American radio host.
- Mary Bauermeister: German painter and illustrator.
- Meir Brandsdorfer: Belgian-born Israeli religious figure (d. 2009).
- Waldo de los Ríos: Argentinian composer and conductor (d. 1977).
- Sunil Gangopadhyay: Indian author and poet (d. 2012)
- Omar Karami: Lebanese lawyer and politician 58th Prime Minister of Lebanon (d. 2015)
- Little Milton: American singer and guitarist (d. 2005)
- Luxury liner Morro Castle burns off NJ, killing 134
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?