Saturday 29 September 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Skandor Akbar and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
Cleopatra, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1934 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Skandor Akbar: American wrestler and manager whose ring name, Skandor Akbar, translates as "Alexander the Great".
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: Hungarian-American psychologist and academic.
- Lance Gibbs: Guyanese cricketer and manager.
- Stuart Kaminsky: American author and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Lindsay Kline: Australian cricketer (d. 2015).
- Rondo Hatton weds Mabel Housh
- Stanley Matthews makes his England debut, beginning a record 23-year international career.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?