Sunday 9 September 1934US date format: 9/9/1934, UK date format: 9/9/1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 1934). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Maxwell Davies and Sonia Sanchez.
Charlie Chan in London, directed by Eugene Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching Parrotville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1934 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Peter Maxwell Davies: Composer.
- Sonia Sanchez: US playwright / poet (The Bronx is...
- Michel Lorain: French restaurateur and head chef at La...
- Nicholas Liverpool: Dominican lawyer and politician 6th...
- Armas Toivonen becomes 1st European marathoner (2:52:29.0)