Friday 20 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Collomb and François Huwart.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1947 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Gérard Collomb
- François Huwart: French politician, the mayor of Nogent-le-Rotrou since 1989.
- Gérard Pussey
- Jim Walsh: American basketball player (Born 1930).
- David French: British director (Deep Sleep, Bingo).
- John Forbes: Horse trainer.
- Dolores Brooks: American singer (the Crystals).
- Gerard Collomb: French politician, an active member of the French Socialist Party who has been Mayor of Lyon (Rhône) since March 2001.
- Salman Rushdie: Novelist.
- Candy Clark: American actress.
- Josef Clemens: German bishop and Secretary of the Pontifical Council for the Laity.
- Ray East: English cricketer.
- Ivo Milazzo: Italian comic book artist.
- : American-English singer-songwriter (The Crystals).
- John Ralston Saul: Author.
- James T. Walsh: Politician.
- Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel: Gangster, shot dead in Beverly Hills Cal.
- President Truman vetoes Taft-Hartley Act
- Benjamin 'Bugsy' Siegel, gangster, shot dead in Beverly Hills, California.
- US President Harry Truman vetoes Taft-Hartley Act.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Clark Dennis
- Three Suns - Peg O' My Heart