Friday 24 April 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marceline Day and George Oppen.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1908 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Marceline Day: American actress (Born 1908).
- George Oppen
- Jozef Gos?awski: Polish sculptor and medallic artist (d. 1963).
- Furio Niclot: Italy sport Champion.
- Francis Leenhardt: Marseille EXecutives.
- Inga Gentzel: Swedish runner (d. 1991).
- Józef Gosławski: Polish sculptor (d. 1963).
- Heddy Bouber [Hermanus G Blom]: Actor (Bluejackets).
- Mr and Mrs Jacob Murdock become the first to travel across the US by car, they leave Los Angeles in a Packard and arrive in New York City in 32 days-5 hours-25 minutes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Never Was a Girl Like You - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?