Wednesday February 24, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Faverón and Alexander Koch (actor).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Le petit amour, directed by Agnès Varda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Lightning by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Geisterwald oder Des Raben Rache.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing By Fair Means or Foul aka Pro Boxing Simulator or Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1988 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Nicole Faverón
- Alexander Koch (actor)
- Rodrigue Beaubois
- Brittany Bowe: Athlete.
- Alexander Koch: TV Actor.
- Emma Hayman: New Zealand tennis player.
- Irwan Chanin: US theater builder, dies at age 96.
- Supreme Ct votes 8-0 Jerry Falwell cannot collect for Hustler parody
- South African apartheid regime bans the United Democratic Front.
- Matti Nykanen becomes winter Olympics first triple gold medalist.
- The Supreme Court of the United States sides with Hustler magazine (voting 8-0) by overturning a lower court decision to award Jerry Falwell US$200,000 for defamation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
- Stevie Wonder - You Will Know
- Jody Watley - Some Kind Of Lover
- Angela Winbush - Run To Me
- Alexander O'Neal Featuring Cherrelle - Never Knew Love Like This
- The Deele - Two Occasions
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume
- Chris Jasper - Superbad
- Shanice Wilson - No 1/2 Steppin'
Top #10 Latin songs
- AY AMOR - Ana Gabriel
- Juan Gabriel - DEBO HACERLO
- SOY ASI - Jose Jose
- Jose Javier Solis - Me estoy volviendo loco
- No Hay Mal Que Por Bien No Venga - Jose Feliciano/Pandora
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - Y TU TAMBIEN LLORARAS
- Luis Angel - DAME TU AMOR
- PETALO Y ESPINAS - Los Yonic's
- HAZME OLVIDARLA - Alvaro Torres
- LLUVIA - Eddie Santiago
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?