Wednesday 17 February 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natascha Kampusch and Harley Viera Newton.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Seasons Change by Expose.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Shame, directed by Steve Jodrell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Mortal Fear by Robin Cook was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Geisterwald oder Des Raben Rache.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Iron Tank: The Invasion of Normandy Great Tank or Kings of the Beach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1988 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Natascha Kampusch: Abduction victim, was held captive in a secret cellar by her kidnapper Wolfgang Priklopil for more than eight years, until she escaped on 23 August 2006.
- Harley Viera Newton
- Case Keenum: Athlete.
- Dalila Ortiz: Reality Star.
- Arin Ilejay: Drummer.
- Aaron Scott: Pop Singer.
- Lebanese terrorists kidnap UN truce observer Lt Col William Higgins
- US Lt Col Wm Higgins kidnapped by Lebanese terrorists and later killed
- US Lieutenant Colonel William Higgins, serving with a United Nations group monitoring a truce in southern Lebanon, is kidnapped by Lebanese terrorists.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- AY AMOR - Ana Gabriel
- Juan Gabriel - DEBO HACERLO
- SOY ASI - Jose Jose
- No Hay Mal Que Por Bien No Venga - Jose Feliciano/Pandora
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - Y TU TAMBIEN LLORARAS
- Jose Javier Solis - Me estoy volviendo loco
- LLUVIA - Eddie Santiago
- Brenda K. Starr - DESAYUNO DE AMOR
- PETALO Y ESPINAS - Los Yonic's
- Negra - Roberto Carlos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?