Saturday 13 February 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aston Merrygold and Fuat Kalkan.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Could've Been by Tiffany.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Hairspray, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa or Madden NFL.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1988 ?
- Aston Merrygold: English singer and actor.
- Fuat Kalkan: Turkish footballer.
- Ryan Goins: American baseball player.
- 15th Winter Olympic games open at Calgary, Canada
- Ronald Weigel runs unofficial world record speed walking (18 minutes 11.41 seconds).
- Heike Dreschler long jumps world record indoor (7.37 metres).
- European Community plans removal of inner boundaries on January 1, 1992.
- Christine Wachtel runs world record 800 metre indoor (1 minute 56.40 seconds).
- A bomb explodes outside of the First National Bank in Oshakati, Namibia, killing 27 and injuring 70 others.
- U.S. Lieutenant Colonel William R. Higgins, serving with a United Nations group monitoring a truce in southern Lebanon, is kidnapped (he is later killed by his captors).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?