Wednesday 24 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rod Redwing and Roger Chapelain-Midy.
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while In the Bishop's Carriage by Miriam Michelson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1904 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Rod Redwing: New York, United States -- Actor (Buffalo Bill in Tomahawk Territory).
- Roger Chapelain-Midy: French painter, lithographer and decorato.
- Mary Burchell: English activist and author (d. 1986).
- Alice White: American actress and singer (d. 1983).
- 24th US Mens Tennis: Holcombe Ward beats William Clothier (108 64 97)
- Field battle at Liao-Yang-200,000 Japanese against 150,000 Russian
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Fedora - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?