Wednesday 24 August 1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Chapelain-Midy and Rod Redwing.
Stop Thief!, directed by James Williamson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 August 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1904!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1904 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Roger Chapelain-Midy: French painter, lithographer and decorato.
- Rod Redwing: New York, United States -- Actor (Buffalo Bill in Tomahawk Territory).
- Mary Burchell: English activist and author (d. 1986).
- Alice White: American actress and singer (d. 1983).
- 24th US Mens Tennis: Holcombe Ward beats William Clothier (108 64 97)
- Field battle at Liao-Yang-200,000 Japanese against 150,000 Russian
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Listen to the Mocking Bird - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- Reuben Haskins' Ride 'Round the World in His Air-Ship - Len Spencer
- All Aboard for Dreamland - Byron G. Harlan