Saturday 24 May 1941US date format: 5/24/1941, UK date format: 24/5/1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Dylan and Vittorio Biagi.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1941 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Bob Dylan: American musician, songwriter and poet,...
- Vittorio Biagi: Italian dancer, choreographer and ballet...
- Yannick Seigneur: French mountaineer credited with more...
- Konrad Boehmer: Composer.
- Bob Dylan [Zimmerman] in Duluth: Minnesota, USA; singer/songwriter...
- Baroness Hollis: of Heigham; history lecturer (University...
- Martin Mogg: governor (British Durham Prison).
- Martin Puryear: Sculptor.
- Jose Duchant: Belgian professional thief, a...
- Patricia Hollis: Baroness Hollis of Heigham English...
- George Lakoff: American linguist and political...
- Tony Valentino: rocker (Standells - "Dirty Water").
- Andres Garcia: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic --...
- Brian Dennis: Composer.
- Lancelot Holland: British Vice-Admiral ( (WWII / Hood),...
- Bismarck sinks British battle cruiser HMS Hood, 1,416 die 3 survive
- The British submarine HMS ''Upholder'' (P37) torpedoes and sinks the Italian ocean liner .