Saturday 24 May 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Ballacci and Aleksander Arulaid.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1924 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Dino Ballacci: Italy sport Champion.
- Aleksander Arulaid: Estonian chess player and engineer (d. 1995).
- Philip Pearlstein: American soldier and painter.
- The Immigration Act of 1924 was signed into law in the United States, including the Asian Exclusion Act.