Thursday 22 May 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Andre Francois Ballif and Helen Wedemeyer.
Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1924 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Claude Andre Francois Ballif: Composer.
- Helen Wedemeyer: Hilo, Hawaii -- Actress (Hawaii Five-O).
- Charles Aznavour [Chahnour Varinag Aznavourian] in Paris: France; French-Armenian singer ("Monsieur Carnavel", "Tin Drum").
- Claude Ballif: French composer.
- Charles Aznavour: French singing rage for many years, retaining a loyal following.
- Gloria Lloyd: American actress and model, also known as Gloria Lloyd Roberts. She was the eldest child of the silent film comedian Harold Lloyd and actress Mildred Davis and sister of Harold Lloyd Jr. She appeared in the 1946 film Temptation, and in a number of documentaries about her father. She died at the age of 87 on February 10, 2012, in Santa Monica.
- Pierre Maurer: Paris 6?me physician
- Cuddly Dudley: English rock and roll singer (d. 2011)
- In Chicago, Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb kidnap Robert Franks
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?