Sunday 11 May 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Balladur and Ludek Pachman.
April Fool, directed by Ralph Ceder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1924 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Jean Balladur: French architect, known for the concrete orgies of the beach resort La Grande Motte (1960) near Grau-du-Roi on the Mediteranean coast.
- Ludek Pachman
- Joseph Valynseele: Tourcoing Writer.
- Tim Flock: Celebrity.
- Antony Hewish: English astronomer and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Eugene Dynkin: Russian-American mathematician and theorist (d. 2014).
- Jackie Milburn: English soccer star (Newcastle United).
- Pulitzer Prize awarded to Robert Frost (New Hampshire)
- Cartel des Gauches wins French parliamentary election.
- Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Steppin' Out - Al Jolson
- I'm Goin' South - Al Jolson
- One I Love Belongs to Someone Else - Al Jolson