Sunday 11 May 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie Milburn and Jean Balladur.
The Chechahcos, directed by Lewis H. Moomaw, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1924 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Jackie Milburn: English soccer star (Newcastle United).
- Jean Balladur: French architect, known for the concrete orgies of the beach resort La Grande Motte (1960) near Grau-du-Roi on the Mediteranean coast.
- Joseph Valynseele: Tourcoing Writer.
- Eugene Dynkin: Russian-American mathematician and theorist (d. 2014).
- Antony Hewish: English astronomer and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Pulitzer Prize awarded to Robert Frost (New Hampshire)
- Cartel des Gauches wins French parliamentary election.
- Mercedes-Benz is formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz merging their two companies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Goin' South - Al Jolson
- One I Love Belongs to Someone Else - Al Jolson
- Steppin' Out - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?