Friday 9 May 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Girault and Gerard Wernars.
April Fool, directed by Ralph Ceder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1924 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Jean Girault: French film director and screenwriter.
- Bulat S Okudzjava: Russian author (Student!).
- Gerard Wernars: Dutch graphic designer (Library stamps 1991).
- Connie Russell in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Club Embassy, Garroway at Large).
- Christian Langlois: French architect, who chaired the Académie des Beaux-Arts (Architecture Section) in 1998.
- Bulat Okudzhava: Russian singer poet and author (d. 1997).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Steppin' Out - Al Jolson
- I'm Goin' South - Al Jolson
- One I Love Belongs to Someone Else - Al Jolson