Saturday 17 May 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriel Bacquier and Claude Moss (psychiatrist).
April Fool, directed by Ralph Ceder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1924 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Gabriel Bacquier: French baritone opera singer who debuted at the Theatre Royal de la Monnaie, Brussels, 1953.
- Claude Moss (psychiatrist)
- Lord Tombs: CEO (Rolls Royce).
- Frantisek Kovaricek: Composer.
- Francis Tombs: Baron Tombs English engineer and politician.
- Claude Moss: American psychologist and writer, the author of "Hypnosis in Perspective," 1965 and "The Hypnotic Investigation of Dreams," 1967.
- Thomas Baird: Vice-admiral.
- 50th Kentucky Derby: John Mooney aboard Black Gold wins in 2:05.2.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson