Tuesday 6 May 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Mollin and Patricia Kennedy Lawford.
April Fool, directed by Ralph Ceder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1924 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Maurice Mollin
- Patricia Kennedy Lawford: American socialite (d. 2006).
- Francesco Antonazzi: Italy sport Champion.
- Mimi Benzell in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; operatic soprano (Gilda - Rigoletto).
- Patricia Lawford: American author (d. 2006).
- Denny Wright: English guitarist composer and producer (d. 1992).
- Nestor Basterretxea: Spanish painter and sculptor (d. 2014).
- Carel S Adama van Scheltema: Poet / writer (socialism), dies at 47.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Steppin' Out - Al Jolson
- I'm Goin' South - Al Jolson
- One I Love Belongs to Someone Else - Al Jolson