Sunday 18 May 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Priscilla Pointer in New York City and Jack Whitaker in Philadelphia.
Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1924 ?
- Priscilla Pointer in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Rebecca - Dallas, Call to Glory).
- Jack Whitaker in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; sportscaster (ABC, CBS).
- Choo Justice: American football player, halfback in the National Football League for the Washington Redskins.
- Lucien Neuwirth: French Gaullist politician, author of the law about oral contraceptive in 1967.
- Marcel Ythier: French criminal, a burglar and murderer, sentenced to death on 1 February 1951, and executed by guillotine in Marseille on 13 November 1951 at 5:30 a.m.
- Victor Lemberechts: Belgium sport Champion
- Charles Justice: Asheville sports Champions
- G?rard Soyer: Bois-Colombes physician
- Priscilla Pointer: American actress
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?