Wednesday 24 November 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Owen and Alfred "Fred" Benavente.
On the Front Page, directed by James Parrott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Alan Owen: English author (Maggie May, Ronnie Barker Show).
- Alfred "Fred" Benavente: Director / actor (Farce Majeur).
- Tsung-Dao Lee: Chinese-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- KVI-AM in Seattle Washington begins radio transmissions
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There's a New Star in Heaven Tonight - Vernon Dalhart
- That's Why I Love You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
- On the Riviera - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Moonlight on the Ganges - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra