Friday 24 October 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Bain and Francesco Camaldo.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Devils Of Loudun by Aldous Huxley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Victory at Sea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1952 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Keith Bain: Canadian educator and politician.
- Francesco Camaldo: Italian priest.
- Jane Fancher: American author and illustrator.
- Mark Gray: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Exile).
- Omar Moreno: Panamanian baseball player.
- Ney Rosauro: Brazilian drummer and composer
- Peter Smagorinsky: American theorist and educator
- Ángel Torres: Dominican baseball player
- Reggie Walton: American baseball player
- David Weber: American author
- Frederick Jacobi: Composer, dies at 61.
- Arab Liberation Movement becomes the only party of Syria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?