Monday 27 October 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hameed Haroon and Roberto Benigni.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hockey Night in Canada.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1952 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Hameed Haroon: Pakistani publisher.
- Roberto Benigni: Italian actor, the star, co-author and director of "Life Is Beautiful," 1998, a film which earned seven Oscar nominations including Best Film and Best Actor and has become the top-grossing foreign-language film ever released in the U.S.
- Francis Fukuyama: American political scientist economist and author.
- Atsuyoshi Furuta: Japanese footballer.
- Topi Sorsakoski: Finnish singer-songwriter (Agents) (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yours (Quierme Mucho) - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?