Tuesday 21 October 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patti Davis and Marc Dolez.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Don Camillo And His Flock by Giovanni Guareschi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Victory at Sea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1952 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Patti Davis: American writer and noted family, the daughter of Ronald Reagan and his wife, Nancy Davis.
- Marc Dolez: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Trevor Chappell: Australian cricketer and coach.
- Allen Hoey: American poet and novelist.
- Brent Mydland: German-American keyboard player (Grateful Dead Bobby and the Midnites and Silver) (d. 1990).
- Hans Merensky: South African geologist and philanthropist (Born 1871).
- Dutch government refuses New-Guinea (West-Irian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?