Saturday 25 October 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samir Geagea and Wendy Hall.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Far Country by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hockey Night in Canada.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1952 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Samir Geagea: Lebanese commander and politician.
- Wendy Hall: English computer scientist mathematician and academic.
- Ioannis Kyrastas: Greek footballer and manager (Born 1952).
- Mollie O'Brien: American singer and guitarist.
- Sergei Bortkiewicz: Composer, dies at 75.
- 1st Dutch edition of youth magazine Donald Duck
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yours (Quierme Mucho) - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?