Sunday 19 October 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Decool and Marie-Christine Arnautu.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Distant Shore by Jan de Hartog was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Victory at Sea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1952 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean-Pierre Decool
- Marie-Christine Arnautu
- Veronica Castro: Mexican actress and singer.
- Giuseppe Cionfoli: Italian singer-songwriter and musician; a member of Squadra Italia, an Italian band that was formed at the Sanremo Festival in 1994.
- Floyd Mayweather: Boxer.
- Peter Bone: English accountant and politician.
- Verónica Castro: Mexican actress and singer.
- Alexander Leibkind: Germany -- Judo (1976 Olympics) / WLAF GM (Rhein Fire).
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Betty Jameson Golf Tournament
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?