Thursday 2 October 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Meegen and John Otway.
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1952 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- George Meegen: England, United Kingdom -- Walked 19,019 miles from Argentina to Alaska.
- John Otway: Rocker.
- Steve Penrod: Race horse trainer.
- Jan Svejnar: Czech politician.
- Robin Riker: American actress and author.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?