Tuesday 24 September 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Bird and Tod Howarth.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jet Pilot, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The World Of Suzie Wong by Richard Mason was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Hommeles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1957 ?
- Brad Bird: Director.
- Tod Howarth: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (707).
- Wolfgang Wolf: German footballer and manager.
- Eisenhower orders US troops to desegregate Little Rock schools
- Brooklyn Dodgers play last game at Ebbets Field, defeat Pittsburgh Pirates 2-0.
- US President Dwight Eisenhower orders US troops to desegregate Little Rock, Arkansas schools.
- Camp Nou, the largest stadium in Europe, is opened in Barcelona.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?