Sunday 24 November 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geraldine Fitzgerald and Theodore "Teddy" Wilson.
Le mystère des roches de Kador, directed by Lonce Perret, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Geraldine Fitzgerald: Dublin, Ireland -- Actress (Pawnbroker, Easy Money).
- Theodore "Teddy" Wilson: US jazz pianist / arranger.
- Bernard Delfgaauw: Philosopher (Johnson murderer!), dies at 80.
- Garson Kanin: Rochester, New York -- Playwright / producer (Double Life).
- Joan Sanderson: English actress (d. 1992).
- Charles Schneeman: American soldier and illustrator (d. 1972)
- Barbara Sheldon: American actress (d. 2007)
- Teddy Wilson: American pianist and educator (d. 1986)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Bay Medley - Conway's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?