Sunday 24 November 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theodore "Teddy" Wilson and Geraldine Fitzgerald.
Petticoat Camp, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Geraldine Fitzgerald: Dublin, Ireland -- Actress (Pawnbroker, Easy Money).
- Theodore "Teddy" Wilson: US jazz pianist / arranger.
- Bernard Delfgaauw: Philosopher (Johnson murderer!), dies at 80.
- Garson Kanin: Rochester, New York -- Playwright / producer (Double Life).
- Joan Sanderson: English actress (d. 1992).
- Charles Schneeman: American soldier and illustrator (d. 1972).
- Barbara Sheldon: American actress (d. 2007).
- Teddy Wilson: American pianist and educator (d. 1986).