Sunday 25 November 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Rough and Arturo Perez Reverte.
Scrooge, directed by Brian Desmond-Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching See It Now.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 November 1951 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Alan Rough
- Arturo Perez Reverte: Spanish novelist and war reporter.
- Bucky Dent: All star shortstop (Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees).
- Charlaine Harris: American author and poet.
- Bill Morrissey: American singer-songwriter (d. 2011).
- Raden Mas Noto Suroto: Indonesian Poet (Wayang Songs), dies at 63.
- Commemoration of Dutch resistance fighter Hannie Schaft forbidden
- Two passenger trains collide in CTC territory at Woodstock, Alabama, USA, killing 15 passengers and two employees.
- Cleveland Browns penalized a record 209 yards against Chicago Bears.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?