Sunday 25 July 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Flipped, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Outdoors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1001 Crystal Mazes Collection or Backbreaker.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 July 2010 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 July
- Redford White: Filipino comedian (Born 1955).
- Wikileaks, an online publisher of anonymous, covert, and classified material, leaks to the public over 90,000 internal reports about the United States-led involvement in the War in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010.
- 1 person is killed and at least 10 are injured after a bombing at a bus stop in Bangkok following a parliamentary by-election. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The Al-Qaeda Organization in the Islamic Maghreb announces it has killed a French hostage in Mali after a failed rescue attempt by French and Mauritanian troops. (Aljazeera)
- There are reports that an airstrike on a village in Helmand Province has killed 45 civilians, including children, who were sheltering from violence. (BBC)
- Love Parade stampede:
- Survivors blame officials for yesterday's death stampede at the Love Parade in Duisburg. (''Der Spiegel'')
- The death toll rises to 19. (Reuters)
- The event's founder axes the annual festival. (Sky News)
- It is revealed that BP chief executive Tony Hayward is negotiating his terms of exit after being negatively criticised by politicians in the United States over his handling of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. (''The Guardian'')
- Iraq Inquiry witness Carne Ross alleges the British government is covering up ampquotembarrassing testimonyampquot about its decision to invade Iraq in 2003. (Channel 4)
- Burmese military ruler General Than Shwe begins a five-day visit to India. (''The Times of India'')
- African Union summit:
- At the African Union summit in Kampala, attended by 53 countries, its president, the President of Malawi Bingu wa Mutharika, states International Criminal Court indictments against the Sudanese president undermine African peace and security and calls for the issue to be solved in a different way. (Aljazeera)
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni says the fight against Somali militant group al-Shabaab must be stepped up. (''Daily Nation'')
- Former President of Cuba Fidel Castro visits a mausoleum in Artemisa, his first reported appearance outside Havana since leaving office in 2006. (BBC)
- Fernando Alonso wins the German Grand Prix ahead of Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa at Hockenheim. (BBC Sport)
- The FIVB World League 2010 ends with Brazil becoming the first country to win the competition nine times.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Robert Dudley, an American, will take over leadership of the company after repeated stumbles by Tony Hayward in responding to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. [..]
There’s a theme? [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?