Thursday 8 July 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Secret World of Arrietty, directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Twisted.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing And-Kensaku or Michael Jackson: The Experience.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 July 2010 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- The first 24-hour flight by a solar-powered plane is completed by the Solar Impulse.
- A series of bombings over the three-day Shia pilgrimage to the mausoleum of Musa Kadhim in Iraq kill at least 70 and wound 300.
- A fugitive rebel captain in the Philippines, Nicanor Faeldon, accused of participation in the Oakwood mutiny, turns himself in after three years. (''Philippine Inquirer'')
- A bomb rips through the engine and coach of a passenger train in Assam, India, killing one person. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Palestinian Authority calls on U.S. President Barack Obama to end tax breaks on American donations to Jewish settlements in the West Bank. (BBC)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon recalls his envoy and closes an office in Sri Lanka due to protests over a war crimes panel. (''Times of India'')
- Cuban dissident Guillermo Fariñas ends a 134 day hunger strike after the Cuban government is to release 52 political prisoners. (AP)
- CNN's veteran Middle East editor Octavia Nasr writes on Twitter that she ampquotrespectedampquot the recently deceased Lebanese Grand Ayatollah Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah. The comment is deleted from Twitter and Nasr is promptly sacked by CNN. (''The Australian'')
- Amnesty International calls on Israel to completely lift its blockade of the Gaza Strip after Israel removes the restrictions on all consumer goods. (Bernama)
- David Lloyd Johnston, president of the University of Waterloo, is announced as Canada's next Governor General. He will succeed Michaëlle Jean in September. (CBC News)
- United States Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele again resist calls for him to step down after he asserted that the War in Afghanistan was a ampquotwar of Obama's choosingampquot. (MSNBC)
- US federal judge Joseph Louis Tauro, in two separate cases, rules that a federal ban against gay marriage is unconstitutional, as it interferes with a state's right to define marriage. (MSNBC)
- Brazilian footballer Bruno Fernandes de Souza surrenders to police in connection with the disappearance of his former mistress. (BBC News)
- Russian Spy Ring in the United States
- The spies are sentenced to time served, and deported from the United States in exchange for 4 people imprisoned for alleged contact with Western intelligence bodies. (MSNBC).
- BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant
- Johannes Mehserle is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for the killing of Oscar Grant in 2009. (MSNBC)
- At least 50 people are arrested in Oakland, California, after protests against the involuntary manslaughter verdict turn violent. (MSNBC)
- Greece heads for a general strike after legislators raise the retirement age from 60 to 65. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The IMF raises global economic growth forecast for this year from 4.2% to 4.6%. (''Business Week'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Over - Drake
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Chino & Nacho - Nina Bonita
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Muse - Uprising
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?