Wednesday 7 July 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Secret World of Arrietty, directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Twisted.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aqua or BioShock 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 July 2010 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 July
- Australia celebrates indigenous culture for NAIDOC Week with the 2010 theme 'Unsung Heroes - Closing the Gap by Leading Their Way'. (NAIDOC)
- Researchers publish in ''Nature'' their discovery of stone tools in Norfolk suggesting that humans landed there almost a million years ago. (BBC)
- A study shows that a married person's risk of encountering marriage troubles increases by up to 75% if a co-worker, friend, or a family member gets a divorce. (Vitals)
- A heat wave kills 9 people in Canada and the United States. (BBC)
- A suicide bomber attacks a Shia pilgrimage in Baghdad, Iraq killing at least 41 and wounding 174. (CNN)
- The Colombian Air Force launches an aerial attack killing 13 FARC rebels, including two rebel leaders. (BBC News)
- A Norwegian asylum centre burns to the ground during protests at conditions at the facility. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Protests in Hong Kong and Taiwan mark the 73rd anniversary of the Marco Polo Bridge Incident. (Sina HK)
- Several thousand residents affected by the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake and requesting help in Rome are skirmished by police, with two of the residents sustaining injuries. (''The Star'')
- Russian conductor Mikhail Pletnev is charged with the rape of a boy in Thailand. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Two men from Cameroon and Iran ampquotunanimouslyampquot win asylum in the UK in a landmark ruling after initially being rejected and told they could hide their homosexuality by ampquotbehaving discreetlyampquot. (''Daily Express'')
- A Paris court sentences former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega to seven years in jail for money laundering in France for the Medellin drug cartel in the 1980s. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The Constitutional Court of Turkey annuls key parts of government-backed constitutional reforms designed for possible European Union membership, rejecting opposition calls for the rest to be rejected as well and permitting the rest to be put to a national referendum in September. (BBC)
- Israeli Uri Brodsky, suspected of assisting the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai, is permitted to be extradited from Poland to Germany. (BBC)
- Israel rejects as ampquotfailed to meet the criteriaampquot the application of Fatima Sharif, the Gaza human rights attorney who hoped to study for a master's degree in human rights and democracy at Birzeit University in the Israeli-occupied West Bank. (Reuters)
- Cuba releases 52 political prisoners in its aim to improve its human rights record, the largest number the country has released for decades. (Aljazeera)
- China executes Wen Qiang, Chongqing's top justice official, in its crackdown on corruption. (Xinhua)
- An openly gay cleric is blocked from becoming a Church of England bishop amid fears his consecration might split the Church. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Tunisia jails Fahem Boukadous, the journalist who covered violent protests in Gafsa in 2008. Boukadous was already in hospital with breathing problems before his jailing. (News24.com)
- Human Rights Watch calls on Iran to stop the execution of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a woman convicted of adultery. She denies the charges. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Over - Drake
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Chino & Nacho - Nina Bonita
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Muse - Uprising
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?