Monday 19 July 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Flipped, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Outdoors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Void Zero or Chime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 July 2010 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 July
- Lorenzen Wright: American basketball player: center/forward, Clippers.
- Scores of checkpoints appear overnight as 70 countries prepare to attend a conference in Kabul on the future of Afghanistan. (BBC)
- Greek investigative journalist, blogger and broadcaster Sokratis Giolias is killed after being shot more than 15 times outside his home in Ilioupoli, Athens ahead of the publication of his report into corruption. (''The Washington Post'')
- Amnesty International releases its ampquotAgents of Fearampquot report, accusing Khartoum's National Intelligence and Security Service (NISS) of torturing and abusing political dissidents, including journalists, human rights activists and students, in an attempt to silence them. (Aljazeera)
- Several people are killed in a clash between Somali fighters and government forces in the capital Mogadishu. (AP)
- 75-year-old author Alan Shadrake is arrested in Singapore while promoting his book about the use of the death penalty. He is charged with criminal defamation and faces two years imprisonment. (''The Independent'')
- A Tel Aviv judge orders the opening of safe deposit boxes believed to contain manuscripts and drawings by Bohemian writer Franz Kafka at a bank in Zürich. (BBC)
- A collection of posters is released to mark the 31st anniversary of the Sandinista revolution in Nicaragua. (BBC)
- An undiscovered painting by Caravaggio is discovered in Rome, according to ''l'Osservatore Romano''. (Christian Science Monitor)
- Russian pianist Mikhail Pletnev appears in court in Thailand, accused of the rape of a 14-year-old male, though he denies this. (BBC)
- The Fromelles Military Cemetery is opened in Fromelles in northern France containing the graves of 250 Australian and British soldiers who died in the Battle of Fromelles in World War I and had previously been buried in a mass grave. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom's oldest person, a Gateshead great-great grandmother, dies at the age of 111. She would have been 112 next month. (BBC)
- China surpasses the United States to become world's biggest energy consumer, consuming about 4% more than the U.S. (''Washington Post'')
- Two trains collide in the Birbhum district of West Bengal, India with at least 50 people feared dead. (Aljazeera)
- Chinese authorities launch a clean-up operation to tackle a 50 sq km slick following an explosion of two crude oil pipelines in Dalian. (AFP)
- Retired United States Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, the person in charge of cleaning up the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico states that the cap is leaking but it is not a major concern so far. (AP via Google News)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad asks that the United States stop using what he describes as ampquotcowboy logicampquot if it wants to engage in dialogue with Iran over its nuclear programme, adding that he would support negotiations. (BBC)
- The United States issues a warning to US citizens visiting or living in Uganda about the risk of terrorism as an African Union summit on maternal and child health summit starts. (CNN)
- A two-year ampquotTop Secret Americaampquot investigation by ''The Washington Post'' concludes that United States intelligence gathering has grown so much since the September 11 attacks that neither its true cost, size nor effectiveness in keeping the country safe is actually known. (Aljazeera)
- A former British Army commanding officer is accused of lying to a public inquiry into the death of Baha Mousa, an Iraqi civilian in his soldiers' custody. (BBC)
- Kenyan pastor John Kamau Mbugua pleads not guilty to two charges over an alleged plot to bomb a campaign rally for next month's constitutional referendum. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Two months ago, Europe’s debt problems seemed grave enough to imperil the global economic recovery. Now, some investors are treating it as the crisis that wasn’t. [..]
Analysts contend that Bank of America could offset revenue lost because of new regulations by raising the fees it charges its customers. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $32.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $69.19
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.42
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.40
- 1 CHF = 6.4265 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4244 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9992 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.887 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?