Monday 5 July 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Born To Run by Christopher McDougall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Running Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brunswick Zone Cosmic Bowling or Ancient Trader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 5 July 2010
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 5 July 2010. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 July 2010 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 July
- Bob Probert: Canadian professional ice hockey forward.
- Australia celebrates indigenous culture with NAIDOC Week with the 2010 theme 'Unsung Heroes - Closing the Gap by Leading Their Way'. (NAIDOC)
- Imam Ahmad Afzali leaves the United States for Saudi Arabia, under plea deal in the case involving Najibullah Zazi's alleged plan to bomb the New York City subway. (CNN)
- Anti-government demonstrators, including women dressed in full hijabs brandishing AK-47 automatic rifles, march in Somalia's capital Mogadishu, protesting killings by the African Union Mission in Somalia. (CNN)
- Somali pirates hijack a Marshall Islands-flagged ship with 18 Filipino sailors on board in the southern Red Sea. (BBC News)
- The European Union withdraws a trade concessions deal with Sri Lanka after the former accused the latter of not improving its human rights record. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Iran accuses Germany, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom of refusing to provide fuel to its passenger planes. (''The National UAE'')
- Afghan Police and international forces kill 64 people in a three-day drug bust operation in Helmand province, Afghanistan, and destroy 16,641 kilograms (36,687 pounds) of narcotics. (CNN)
- A nationwide strike takes place in India in protest at a recent rise in fuel prices. (''New York Times'')
- Foreign relations of Israel:
- Israel drops all restrictions on the free flow of consumer goods into the Gaza Strip, while still restricting a blacklist of weapons, construction materials and dual-use items. These materials will be allowed into the territory with the coordination of international agencies. (CNN)
- International Middle East Envoy Tony Blair and UN Special Coordinator Robert H. Serry praise Israel's easing of the Gaza blockade and its adoption of a ampquotblacklistampquot system of restrictions. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Israeli diplomats call off a strike to accommodate Benjamin Netanyahu's visit with US President Barack Obama. (''The Independent'')
- Fate of Gilad Shalit
- 15,000 marchers arrive at Rabin Square, Tel Aviv, to rally for the release of Shalit. (Ynet)
- At least 11 people died after a plane crash in Tuzla, Romania. (Mediafax)
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill:
- Tar balls from the Gulf oil disaster reach Louisiana’s Lake Pontchartrain and the shores of Texas near Galveston, on day 77 of the disaster. (''The Houston Chronicle'')
- BP's costs for the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill reach $3.12 billion, for cleanup, containment, relief well drilling and damage claims. (USA Today)
- A 2007 memo is released showing that two U.S. Federal agencies, the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Minerals Management Service, underestimated the possibility of a large-scale oil spill from drilling in the Gulf and its effects on Gulf Coast wildlife. (''The New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Over - Drake
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Chino & Nacho - Nina Bonita
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Muse - Uprising
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?