Sunday 19 December 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Purdom and Bobby Layne.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1926 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edmund Purdom
- Bobby Layne: American football quarterback who played for 15 seasons in the National Football League.
- Jeanne Kirkpatrick: US ambassador to United Nations.
- Edmond Purdom: British actor and leading man in the '50s who failed to emerge a star after full Hollywood promotion.
- Herb Stempel: American game show contestant.
- Fikret Otyam: Turkish painter and journalist (d. 2015).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Why Do Ya Roll Those Eyes? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Whispering Jack Smith