Tuesday 26 April 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Undercover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Certain Magical Index or Civilization World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 April 2011 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 April
- Guantanamo Bay files leak:
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- The Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah claims that the Government of Syria has arrested 500 protestors since the crackdown began. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- UK, French and Italian officials call for sanctions against Syria. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: At least 3 people are killed by missiles at a port as Misrata is attacked by Muammar Gaddafi's forces. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Mauritanian protests: Hundreds of people demonstrating during a ampquotday of rageampquot against the regime of President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz are tear gassed by police, while others are arrested and opposition MPs deterred from joining the protests. (BBC)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Hundreds of students gather outside the United Nations building in Tehran, Iran, to protest against government suppression of students in Bahrain. (Press TV)
- Activists allege that medical workers have been arrested for treating anti-government protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: Former Interior Minister Habib el-Adly goes on trial charged with ordering the killing of unarmed protesters shot in the head and chest during the popular revolution against Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule. (Al Jazeera)
- Newly released cables document an alleged al-Qaeda ampquotassassinampquot working for the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) while suspected of bombing Christian churches and a hotel in Pakistan. (PA via ''The Independent'')
- A study, carried out by a retired army brigadier general and a Physicians for Human Rights expert, finds United States Department of Defense physicians and psychologists concealed evidence of deliberate harm and torture at the prison camp the Department of Defense does not respond. (AFP via ''Montreal Gazette'')
- The rector of Lyon's grand mosque expresses outrage over a leaked document which asserts that The Pentagon believes the mosque is used by Al Qaeda. (AFP via Google News)
- An international poll finds that a majority of people believe that Julian Assange is not a criminal. (Reuters)
- U.S. television personality Katie Couric announces that she will no longer host the CBS Evening News at the end of June. (''USA Today'')
- BBC television personality Andrew Marr admits to having taken out a high court superinjunction after ''Private Eye'' launches a challenge, though Marr states he ampquotdid not come into journalism to go around gagging journalistsampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Management and unions confirm another France Télécom worker has committed suicide. (BBC)
- Greece's budget deficit for 2010 is 10.5% of gross domestic product, significantly higher than expected. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Ukraine commemorates the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. (Al Jazeera)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 April 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?